Seth has extensive corporate, business and litigation experience, and regularly handles transactional, government contracts, white collar defense, and employment matters for businesses and executives in the Washington, DC region and nationally.
Seth’s diverse experience includes leading a legal team in the multi-state collection of a judgment against a Washington, DC business and its directors accused of fraud. His litigations have involved cutting edge technical and legal issues, such as the use of computer forensic evidence seized by United States Marshalls to enforce a large judgment. Seth also helps contractors address white collar criminal matters, and has successfully prosecuted sanctions against opposing lawyers for filing frivolous cases that impede company growth. He is one of the only attorneys in the United States to obtain a full offer of judgment from a federal agency in employment litigation, and assists companies and management in implementing legal strategies aimed at containing costs and driving increases in revenue.
Seth also lectures nationally on various legal issues impacting commercial companies, government contractors, management and human resource professionals.
Awards & Recognition
Seth has been recognized in honorary lists of “Legal Elite” and “Superlawyer” in the Washington, D.C. region, and was previously selected as one of the Washington Area’s “Top Lawyers” by Washingtonian Magazine. Seth has achieved the highest “AV” rating in Martindale Hubbell directory for legal ability and ethics.
- Government contracts
- Labor & employment law
- White collar criminal defense
- Business law
- Business litigation
- Civil litigation
- Corporate transactions
Seth frequently appears on FOX News, CNN, and Bloomberg Television and radio to discuss current issues impacting businesses and corporate executives. Seth also frequently discusses issues involving constitutional law, corporate compliance, and criminal trials in these news venues.
Seth frequently appears in the national and international media to discuss business, corporate, criminal defense, and various civil litigation matters. He discusses legal issues impacting businesses in popular news venues, and is called on to discuss and analyze breaking news such as the Walmart class action case, the Rajaratnam criminal prosecution, current developments on Capitol Hill, and cases involving professional athletes and celebrities.
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, E.D. of Virginia
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, E.D. of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, W.D. of Virginia
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Temple University, School of Law, J.D. (Member, Temple Law Review and National Honors Attorney, Federal Deposit Insurance Corp., 1990-1992)
- George Washington University, B.A., cum laude
Lectures & Speaking Engagements
- Frequent lecturer on Government Contract Law and Development
- “Hot Topics in Employment Law” (Sept. 2005)
- “Lawsuit- Free Hiring and Firing,” National Institute of Business Management (June 9, 2004)
- “How to Survive and Thrive in the New Homeland Security Procurement Environment,” Joint Seminar (April 30, 2004)
- “Advanced Employment Law Issues,” Nat. Bus. Inst. (2002 and 2003)
- “Selecting and Termination Employees,” Nat. Bus. Inst. (2001)
- “Litigation Skills,” Lorman Ed. Sus. (May 15, 2001)